By Barbara Pronin
With Dads, grads and bridal couples being celebrated in June, it should come as no surprise that household goods and personal electronics head the list of things that go on sale now.
Specifically, said Lifehacker’s consumer editor, Whitson Gordon, look for good buys on these 10 top most-wanted items:
- TVs and consumer electronics – The Japanese fiscal year ends in March, so most electronics manufacturers are trying to get rid of their old stock, making this a great time to grab the ones you want.
- Boots and ski wear – June offers the biggest discounts on leftover winter wear for skiers and the entire family.
- Cookwear, china, and kitchen gadgets – Haunt the malls for the year’s lowest prices on the most popular cooking and dining merchandise, from pots and pans and food processors to china, silver and glassware.
- Vacuum cleaners – New models hit the stores in late June, so you should be able to find a good price on leftover last-year models.
- Champagne – Next to New Year’s, June weddings and other celebrations put champagne in top demand. Shop now for good prices on bubbly you can use all year long.
- House paint – For some reason, June is the top month for re-painting home interiors and exteriors. Most paint brands, therefore, are now on sale.
- Tools – If your tool box is not fully stocked, the Father’s Day period is a good time to pick up good buys on hand and electric tools.
- Men’s suits – Mothers of the bride are on their own, but men’s suits and tuxedos are on sale now as Dads prepare for seasonal weddings.
- Houses – Spring weather always sees for-sale signs go up in front yards. Newlyweds and others will have a great selection of homes to choose from now, while interest rates are still low.
- Gym memberships –Most people have long since forgotten their New Year’s resolution, making this a good time to haggle yourself a good price on a gym membership.